Japanese Red Cross Narita Hospital
- Japanese Red Cross Narita Hospital
- 90-1, Iida Town, Narita City, Chiba
- Date of founding
- February 2nd, 1948
- Clinical departments
- Internal Medicine, Gastroenterological Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Hematological Oncology, Thoracic Surgery, Diabetes and Metabolism, Nephrology, Allergy and Rheumatology, Psychiatry, Neurology, Paediatrics, Surgery, Gastroenterological Surgery, Breast Surgery, Orthopaedics, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Neurosurgery, Respiratory Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Dermatology, Urology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Rehabilitation, Radiology, Dental and Oral Surgery, Anaesthesiology, Palliative Care
- Special facilities
- Lifesaving and first-aid center, ICU(Intensive Care Unit), NICU(Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), Artificial dialysis center, Rehabilitation center, Clean-treatment rooms, Sickbeds of Infectious disease, Health care center, Complete physical examinations (two days and a day), Sickbeds of palliative care
- Number of beds
- 719(includes 50 beds for psychiatry and 7 for infectious diseases)
- Number of staffs
- 1172 (daily average in March 31st, 2013), (includes 168 doctors, 135 co-medicals, 655 nurses, 119 office workers and others)
- Site area
- Floor space
- Community medical service hospital, Disaster medical hub hospital, Appointed hospital of Clinical training, Community medical service of cancer of hub hospital, Rooftop heliport, Community medical service center of rehabilitation, Community support and consultation center of serious diseases, Community support center for perinatal mother and child.
We protect right of patients and have moral as we are people who provide medical treatment, based on the basic policy of Red Cross. We improve medical quality and provide “heart-warming medical care”.
- Our aim is to be the hospital which is trusted by community.
- We endeavour to provide full of emergency medical treatment and safe and higher treatment quality.
- We endeavour to make good relations with community medical institutions.
- We make positive efforts to join a rescue operation inside and outside of Japan.
- We aim to be the hospital which puts a sound management.
Right of patients
We respect right of patients and endeavour to provide the best medical treatment.
- We protect the dignity of patients.
- We respect patients and provide appropriate medical treatment.
- We respect patients and explain about treatment in detail.
- We respect the right that patients decide the way of medical treatment.
- We protect privacy of patients.
History of Japanese Red Cross Narita Hospital (JRCNH)
- Feb 1st, 1948
- JRCNH was transferred and established from Japan Association for Medical Hospital in Narita to Japanese Red Cross Society.
- Jan, 1969
- JRCNH was designated for use in an emergency.
- Mar, 1969
- The main building, five-floor called building A (5,880m²) and completed 3rd -floor building for nursing accommodations. There were 315 sickbeds and 320 staffs.
- Feb, 1975
- New five-floor building, B and C, was completed and became totally 6095m². There were 422 sickbeds and 215 staffs.
- Apr, 1978
- The school of nursing was established.
- The New Tokyo International Airport, Narita Airport was opened.
- Mar, 1986
- New six-floor building(6,396m²), called F was completed and lifesaving and first-aid centre was opened. There were 646sickbeds and 570 staffs.
- May, 1987
- JRCNH adopted medical system computer.
- Jun, 1992
- The new G five-floor building(4,214.6m²) was completed.
JRCNH set up neuropsychiatric department, a health-screening centre and a dialysis centre.
There were 696 sickbeds and 715 staffs.
- Nov, 1993
- MR building (407.8) was built
- Jun, 2000
- The new main building, eight floors and a basement (totally 27,851.39m²) was completed. It includes a home-visit care room, clean rooms and two kinds of rooms for infectious diseases. There were 732 sickbeds and 930 staffs.
- Oct, 2001
- Three-floor parking area with heliport for disaster emergency was built.
- Dec, 2002
- MR building was extended.
- Dec, 2003
- JRCNH was designated as the hub hospital of medical treatment of cancer.
- Mar, 2004
- JRCNH was authorized as an Organization of Japanese Medical Function and Evaluation ver.4.
- There were 720 sickbeds includes 50 for psychiatry and 8 for infection, and 1,041 staffs.
- JRSNH was designated as Rehabilitation centre.
- The ward was extended, 719 sickbeds includes 50 for psychiatry and 8 for infection.
- Apr, 2005
- JRCNH was designated as consultation and support centre of serious disease of Inba Sambu area.
- Sep, 2006
- JRCNH was authorized as the hospital of community regional health care.
- May, 2007
- JRCNH was valued for the facility of complete physical examination.
- Feb, 2008
- JRCNH renewed the community hub hospital of medical treatment for cancer.
- JRCNH became one of hospitals of DPC and designated as the hub hospital of HIV treatment.
- Jan, 2009
- JRCNH was valued by Japanese Medical Function and Evaluation ver.5.
- Mar, 2012
- JRSCH was authorized as treatment centre of perinatal mother and child.
- Oct, 2012
- Paediatrics Department was opened.
Message from director, Makoto Kato
Japanese Red Cross Narita Hospital is the only one Red Cross Hospital in Chiba. We play important roles in daily medical care, emergency treatment and disaster relief activities. We live up to the expectation of local resident and provide better medical treatment.